No matter how careful you are about the maintenance of your house, a blocked drain is a common problem in every house. Despite regular drain cleaning, sometimes you can experience this problem in your kitchen or bathroom. The easy solution for this is using cup plungers to clear the drains. However, if you find that the situation is out of control or seems challenging, professional assistance should be considered.
Being a homeowner, you must consider calling professional drain cleaning experts in Surrey to get prompt and efficient solutions.
In this blog, we will round up some of the drain cleaning options that you should try before you pick up your phone to call your drainage system expert in Surrey.
Common Signs of Blocked Drains
There are a few easy-to-notice signs that your drain, sink or shower is clogged. Before you start panicking about what is going wrong with your kitchen or shower, you should try to notice these signs and understand the root of the issue.
- Is water draining slowly in your bathroom, toilet, shower or sink?
- Are you experiencing a foul smell in your kitchen or bathroom, especially near the basin, sink or toilet?
- Is there any weird sound coming out of your drain pipes every time water passes through them?
All of these are clear signs of drain blockage. If you notice one or any of these signs in your home, the first thing you can do is take your sink plunger out of the cabinet and start using it to clear the drains. Ignoring clogged drains can increase the problem and create a mess for your entire household.
What Can Cause Blocked Drain?
There can be endless reasons to have blocked drains in your home. From tea leaves to baby wipes – it can be anything and everything that can block your shower, drain, bath or sink.
- Hair, skin flakes, dirt and grease, can cause severe blockage inside the drain pipes. However, it takes time for these elements to build blockage inside the pipes. If you keep your sink, bath or drains clean regularly, such items cannot bother you.
- If you unmindfully or carelessly flush any feminine hygiene products in the toilet, they can immediately block your pipes.
- Oil, tea leaves, butter, coffee beans, food grease and other solid food particles can also cause severe clogging inside the kitchen sink.
At Drainage Plus, we offer professional drain cleaning services in and around Surrey. If you need more information, please get in touch with our experts.